Kawaii Treat

Kawaii Treat

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lathers n Lights Review - Sun and Sand Sampler

Let me preface this by saying, this was my first order from Lathers n Lights and I love it.


The products seem amazing and they have a fantastic scent list. The price is nice as well, I ordered during the annual anniversary sale and everything was thirty percent off. I got a coupon for 25 percent off my next order included in my order. Let's hope sales always come this often !



I ordered the Sun and Sand Sampler and then I also received a bunch of sampler packets. When i checked out I asked for more beachy/summery fresh scents in sample sizes. Unlike a lot of etailers you get sample packets from this company instead of little tubs or something like that. 

Here is what was included and my review of each scent.  The only issue I have with this seller is that I can no longer find scent descriptions on the site for these scents ! So this is my impression of them but no idea what they are supposed to smell like at this point !!

Body Butter- Sand Castles. I'm guessing coconut and vanilla because this reminds me of Cocoa pink Sanibel island and A day at the beach. All three evoke an expensive sunscreen smell to me, which I love. Crazy about this scent.

Body Lotion- Sugar Beach. This smells like vanilla and marshmallow to me, not super beachy but nice and sweet and delicate.  Reminds me of cocoa pink ivory eyelet if you have tried that...

Body Yogurt- Polk-a-dot Bikini.  This has the same expensive sunscreen smell as sand castles to me but is stronger and sweeter. Almost has a cake or frosting scent to me.

Coconut Body Butter- Beach Blonde. This smells like a pina coloda to me. Strong on the coconut and very fruity compared to the others above. I think this is one of my favorites, super nice scent.

Dry Oil Mist- Endless Summer. This one and the perfume smell very different from the ones above to me.  This product is actually called Silk and Shine mist and for some reason I am having a hard time finding the full size product of this on the site.  Endless summer smells like a dip in the ocean, smells very aquatic and wonderfully sweet. Love it.

Mango Body Butter- Coral Beach . If you have ever tried Coral Beach from other etailers this is very similar.  It has this sweet orange smell, very sugary like an orange candy.  Super fruity and strong.  Great scent !

Sugar Scrub - Pink Sand Beach. Wow I can't wait to try this in the shower. Smells like Pink Sugar mixed with the Sand Castles scent from above, super sweet and delicious smelling with a beachy twist.

Perfume oil roll on- Deep Blue Sea. This one is similar in a way to Endless Summer, more of an aquatic scent than the others. Very fresh and ocean inspired. I love the tiny roll on bottle that you get in the sample set.  I wish they sold these tiny roll on perfume oils on the site, maybe we should make a request for these because they are so cute !

I am in love with all of these products, the body butters and lotions all seem super moisturizing.  

They also sell a lot of haircare items. I really want to try the Shampoo and Conditioner Double Pack next time I make an order. 

The only warning I have is that it seems like all scents are not available all the time. I think they offered them all for the anniversary sale and some of these were summer only maybe, but right now the only way to get these scents is in the set. 

This is disappointing, because I really would love to have the hair care set in these scents, but if they don't come back before I will be on the lookout for them next summer. If they offer this set every year I will be purchasing, because it is fantastic !

 


2 comments:

  1. Your blog is the only mention of the sand castle scent that I could find anywhere! It was sent to me from a fellow scentsaholic when I ordered Love Potion perfumes from her. She sent me three of the sample packets, one of which was Sand Castle Body Yogurt. I love the scent! I'm so sad that it was limited edition. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am the same anon from above. Since it's summer, the Sand Castles scent is back in the Scent Descriptions!

    "Sand Castles: It's time for a bit of fun in the sun! Build your masterpiece and enjoy the beachy aromas of ocean water, sun-warmed driftwood, sea moss and the mingling of coconut tanning oil and creamy sunscreen."

    "Sugar Beach: Our Ski Bunny has left the slopes behind and can now be found drenched in coconut milk and languishing on white sand beaches soaking up golden rays! Notes: marshmallow, vanilla, amber, coconut, sugar"

    "Polka-Dot Bikini: The luscious blend of creamy coconut and tropical fruits known to every oil-slicked sun goddess in her teeniest bikini. This is not an exact dupe, but similar. The coconut is "drier" and the fruity vanilla notes aren't quite as present as in the original. Try our Beach Blonde for a fruitier vanilla coconut blend, or our Beach Bunny that includes them both (and more!)"

    "Beach Blonde: The epitome of lazy days in the summer sun, the scent of tropical tanning oil and fruit smoothies turns every day into a day at the beach!"

    "Endless Summer: Salty sea air carries the scent of jasmine and citrus laced suntan oil in this most perfect beach fragrance."

    "Coral Beach: A beautiful blending of tropical flowers, clean island breezes, smooth citrus, and light touches of vanilla. This fragrance isn't fruity, foody, or flowery...it's juuuust right for a perfect summer day!"

    "Pink Sand Beach: Pink sugar crystals with rich vanilla creme, marshmallow, and fresh cracked coconut."

    "Deep Blue Sea: Salty air, soft florals and crystal blue waters spirit you away to glistening sandy beaches under warm, sunny skies."

    ReplyDelete